The Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) has governed the relationships between title, mortgage, real estate and settlement service providers since 1974. Since then, applying RESPA and its Regulation X to evolving market practices and business affiliations continue to confound both industry players and regulators. In this 62-minute webinar, learn some tips for how to work and engage with your customers in a RESPA-compliant manner, and hear how state regulators continue to trump federal oversight regarding marketing-related activities.
View this webinar to gain insight on:
- Prohibitions under Section 8 of RESPA
- Payments for goods and services under Section 8(c) of RESPA
- Tips for compliant advertising agreements, office rentals, co-advertising arrangements and promotional events
- Tips for compliant affiliated business arrangements
- Noteworthy state law restrictions on marketing-related activities (CA, MI, NY, TX and WA)