Requesting a Letter of Indemnification
Here at Doma, we always stand behind our policies and customers to be supported and secure on any transaction. For your reassurance, here’s how to process a letter of indemnification under Doma policy.
Step 1: Email your request to the Doma Claims Department
To submit a request for indemnification, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, be sure to copy your state’s underwriting counsel at [state abbreviation]email@example.com (i.e., CAunderwriting@doma.com).
Within 24-48 hours, you should receive a confirmation email from us with a decision.
Step 2: Ensure the request includes the following information
- A description of the title matter to be indemnified
- Whether the transaction is a resale or refinance, a copy of the commitment
- The anticipated closing dates
- Doma title insurance policy, along with all endorsements
- Copy of the outstanding mortgage, lien, judgment, or other title matter to be indemnified
- The vesting deed or mortgage for the Insured under the current Doma policy