Selling your house produces a complex mix of emotions no matter if it’s your first or your fifth time.
This guide, chapters outlined below, will help you better understand the title and escrow part of selling your house, provide important information you need to know, and offer some handy tricks to keep in mind along the way.
- What is Title and Title Insurance?
- What is Escrow
- Seller Title and Escrow Process
- Who Pays What? A Guide to Closing Costs
- Reading the Preliminary Title Insurance Report
- Statement of Information
- Escrow Instructions and The Closing
- Quick Guide to Property Taxes
- Required Reporting to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- After the Signing and Closing
- Moving Checklist
Want to read all this great information in one spot? You can download the entire guide.
If you still have questions, please see our FAQ.