Selling a house? Unsure what to expect as you close?
Our experts break down the steps you’ll go through when it comes to title and escrow.
- A file is opened, welcome package is released, and introductory calls are made
- The Title Commitment is reviewed for requirements
- A Preliminary closing statement is prepared, and the commitment package is released to all parties
- Applicable payoffs, survey, estoppels are requested as applicable
- Any title issues are cleared
- The file is balanced, closing documents are prepared, and a closing date is coordinated with all parties.
- Congratulations, your home is sold!
This article is part of the Home Seller Guide.